Friday, March 25, 2011

Exam Center Program

most of you know we love boks in our home. We volunteer at our library's exam center. This is where publishers donate brand new books to our library. The only catch is that some one must read nad review them before they are put into circulation. my family and I have read and reviewed about 1,000 book for them so far. we are glad that we can help. Here is my problem. William wants to get the books and read them  but hardly ever wants to help write the review! This leaves me to do the "dirty work" What should I do? He says that he needs me to ask him questions about the book to get him mind flowing for the review. Any tips? The form asks the review this:

In a brief paragraph, please explain what the book is about. Who are the main characters? What are some important events or themes? What did you like or not like about the book? Would you recommend this book? Why or why not? Please explain and be specific!

I would also like to get my girls (ages 5 and 7) to help write reviews as well. How can I do this? I guess we need a book report writing 101 class!

No comments:

Post a Comment